Sunday 18 March 2012

What to do, what to do?

So....er, long time no blog post.

Things have been busy with work and stuff so I've been neglecting my coding projects lately (well, I have been doing the code academy javascript lessons, but to be honest they started out OK then just got progressively more boring) so I think it's time to start a new project of some sort.

And that's my dilemma at the moment, what kind of coding project to do. I have a LAN party with the guys from DaGodz over the Easter weekend, I've recently got into DOTA2 (cheers, Cypher for the beta key) and Diablo III is out soon, so I don't know what'll happen then, but right now I feel like doing some coding.

I did think of doing a platform style game, I haven't tried one of those before, but then I thought about doing a shoot-em-up, then some sort of adventure game, then a multiplayer battle type thing.... hell, I even thought about making a puzzler!

I need to make a decision then actually start something. Once I start it, I'll get engrossed and it'll lead me to all sort of adventures in code, but it's just taking that initial step that is the problem. I have a few days off work coming up, and I'm going to make a start on something. What, I don't know, but I'll keep this blog updated when I find out what it is :)


Disclaimer: The project might end up as a routine or something, rather than a full game. You know how my coding projects go...  ;)